Headaches in Ivanhoe
Relinque Sports and Spinal Group offers quality care for headaches to local residents in Ivanhoe & surrounding areas including Eaglemont, Northcote, Kew, Alphington, Heidelberg & Fairfield.
Headache is one of the most common symptoms experienced by our community. They are characterised by a pain anywhere in the head or neck. Headaches can range from mild to severe and be varying in their duration and frequency.
The most common type of headache is a “tension type” headache. Recent international studies have shown the average prevalence as 36% for men and 42% for women. The pain is usually experienced on both sides of the head and/or neck.
The symptoms of a tension headache may include:
- dull and persistent pain varying from mild to moderate in intensity.
- tightness or compressing feeling on the head
- restriction and tightness of neck movements
- associated muscle stiffness
- pressure behind the eyes
- feeling unwell
- poor sleep
- depression and anxiety
What causes Headaches?
- muscle tension and overuse
- poor postural patterns at work
- prolonged periods of sitting either at work, driving or at home
- joint restrictions in the neck and upper back
- stress and anxiety
Can Osteopathic treatment help headaches?
Osteopathic treatment can be very effective in relieving the symptoms of headaches by:
- releasing the tight and contracted muscles in the head and neck that are causing the headache.
- correcting poor postural patterns that lead to muscle tightness, pain and discomfort.
- releasing joint dysfunctions in the neck and upper back that are restricting movement.
- allowing better blood flow and drainage to the affected area.
- identifying and assisting in correcting triggers and lifestyle factors that may be contributing to the onset of the headache.
The most important part of any any injury is getting the correct diagnosis. As the leading and most experienced provider of Osteopathy, Pilates & Remedial Massage in Ivanhoe, we have been successfully treating all forms of headaches for over 20 years.
We follow a treatment process that has been developed and refined over the past 20 years to ensure you receive the best treatment option at the right stage of your recovery.
Click Here for a comprehensive outline of our treatment process and how we can help treat and manage your headache.
Book your appointment today with one of our experienced Osteopaths to find out how we can help treat your Headaches.
Relinque Sports & Spinal Group is conveniently located in Ivanhoe, near Heidelberg, Fairfield, Northcote, and Kew and are highly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of Headaches.