Plantar Fasciitis in Ivanhoe
Relinque Sports and Spinal Group offers quality care for plantar fasciitis to local residents in Ivanhoe & surrounding areas including Eaglemont, Northcote, Kew, Alphington, Heidelberg & Fairfield.
Plantar fasciitis is a common cause of foot pain. The plantar fascia is a thick fibrous band of connective tissue originating on the bottom surface of the heel bone that extends along the sole of the foot towards the toes. It forms the arch of the foot and functions as our natural shock-absorbing mechanism.
The plantar fascia is not very elastic and therefore is very limited in its capacity to stretch or elongate. Therefore, when too much traction is placed on the plantar fascia micro-tearing can occur, resulting in irritation, inflammation and pain.
What Causes Plantar Fasciitis?
- Sport that involve lots of running. This places excessive stress on the heel bone and its attachment to the plantar fascia
- Spending too much time on your feet
- Unsupportive footwear
- Poor foot biomechanics such as low arches/flat feet
- Weak foot arch muscles
- Weight gain
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
- Pain in or under the heel
- Pain in the arch of the foot
- Pain is worse in the morning or at rest
- Burning or ripping sensation in the sole of the foot
- Swelling of the heel
Osteopathic Treatment Can Help Plantar Fasciitis
- Your Osteopath will assist in correcting any mechanical problems of the foot and ankle that may be causing the Plantar Fasciitis to occur. An Osteopath can help reduce the tightness in the muscles of the foot and improve the joint mobility of the foot and ankle.
- Your Osteopath can also reduce tightness of the calf muscles that may be putting pressure on the Plantar Fascia.
- Osteopathic treatment will look at the posture and biomechanics of the hip, knee and ankle to assist in correcting the cause of the Plantar Fasciitis.
- An Osteopath can give advice on self management and care for the condition and advice on the correct home exercises and activities to avoid to prevent any further aggravation off the condition.
- Shockwave therapy has been shown to be an effective form of treatment for Plantar fasciitis.
The most important part of any any injury is getting the correct diagnosis. As the leading and most experienced provider of Osteopathy, Pilates & Remedial Massage in Ivanhoe, we have been successfully treating plantar fasciitis for over 20 years.
We follow a treatment process that has been developed and refined over the past 20 years to ensure you receive the best treatment option at the right stage of your recovery.
Click here for a comprehensive outline of our treatment process and how we can help treat and manage your tennis elbow symptoms.
Plantar Fasciitis Booking
Book your appointment today with one of our experienced Osteopaths to find out how we can help treat your Plantar Fasciitis.
Relinque Sports & Spinal Group is conveniently located in Ivanhoe, near Heidelberg, Fairfield, Northcote, and Kew and are highly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.