07 Jun Top 10 Most Common Sports Injuries
Based on our experience, here’s our countdown of the most common sporting injuries we’ve seen, and their symptoms:
- Tennis or Golfer’s Elbow—painful wrist or hand motions and often a lack of grip strength.
- Rotator cuff strains and tears—a deep, dull ache in the shoulder, and restricted movement.
- Lower back pain and sciatica—strains account for 99% of all back injuries we see. Typical symptom is localised discomfort on either side of your spine which occasionally refers into hips and upper thighs.
- ITB syndrome—also known as runner’s knee. Sharp, burning pain just above the outer part of the knee that worsens with activity; often swelling over the outside of the knee.
- Patella Tendonitis—pain and tenderness at the base of the kneecap, especially painful to kneel or squat.
- Hamstring strains and tears—can be extremely painful and make it impossible to walk. Sudden and severe pain during exercise.
- Calf Strains and tears—sudden pain in the back of the lower leg, difficulty in rising up onto the toes.
- Shin splints—aches and pains along the shinbone. Area is tender and sore to touch.
- Ankle sprains—swelling and pain when trying to move and walk.
- Plantar Fasciitis—sharp pain in the inside part of the bottom of the heel, usually worse with the first few steps of the day; heel pain after exercise.
If you’d like to know more about these, or any other conditions, call Relinque Sports and Spinal Group 03 9499 9644 and book an appointment.